- Size: 45 pounds/19-20" tall
- Vet History: Current on DA2PPL, Rabies, Heartworm Negative and preventative started. Avid Microchip implanted.
- More Info: Pete came from a shelter. He ended up a stray after his owner committed suicide.
- Training: Pete has had no formal training, but he knows many commands.
- Additional Info: Pete is an awesome senior boy. He came from a shelter up in Fargo when he was found as a stray. We later learned that Pete's dad committed suicide.
Here is what Pete's foster mom says about him:
He is one sweet, perfect dog other then his estimated age of 13 yrs and some mild stiffness in his hips. He is large boned but weighs all of 45 lbs. Pete loves everyone, great with adults & children, runs and plays with other dogs and is fine around cats. He loves to go for long walks especially when there's a place to swim. He knows commands such as sit, stay, lay down, does very well on a leash, rides quietly in a car, is content to be where ever he is however, loves to be with a human. His foster home has lots acres for him to roam but he stays close by in the yard/house, does not bark to come in, just sits and patiently waits. Pete is a very special dog, very friendly with lots of confidence, loves to play ball, comes when called. He may be a little hard of hearing but comes instantly to your whistle. Pete would do very well as a therapy dog, he was a big hit visiting a nursing home and put lots of smiles on many faces. He gets two inexpensive meds a day for his hip issues but other then that he is simply perfect. Did we mention he LOVES popcorn.
Age aside, Pete is an awesome guy. He is looking for a retirement home where he can play ball, go swimming, hang out and be loved.
This foster dog is fed with food provided by Chuck and Don’s Pet Food Warehouse.